Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Suzi and Tanya trash the dress

Over this last summer I had such a fun time shooting Suzi and her sister, Tanya, for an urban trash the dress session. Suzi was one of my past brides who was married back in January. Though her wedding was beautiful, the weather was certainly not ideal for outdoor portraits so I was really excited when she not only contacted me to put her dress on again, but decided to come back from Arizona with her sister to do it with me! It was a big bonus that they brought a ton of props and accessories and told me I had free reign. These girls are such troopers, the day of our shoot it was 95 degrees on the fourth floor of my warehouse studio with no air...holy hot!! We had so much fun, it gives me to itch to do this more! Thank you so much girls for giving me the chance to do something so different and for being such great models, seriously these girls worked it out .. and it doesn't hurt that they're gorgeous! :)
*** side note**** though Suzi and Tanya were both up for trashing their dresses... (because they are awesome) both girls chose to wear their mother's wedding dress for a few photos and we did NOT trash that dress. It is possible to do a really fun trash the dress session WITHOUT actually trashing any dresses...just in case you would like to try this but really want to keep your dress :)

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

We tried some with mom's veil, love!

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

mom's veil again, gorgeous.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tanya had a vision for a shot with her immersed in water, it's harder then it looks, especially when the water is freezing!
Photobucket



Photobucket
.... so worth it!
Photobucket


No comments: