Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wedding Sneak Peek Marathon!


Today I have a BIG blog post, YAY! Why you ask...cause I've been a busy girl photographing some pretty cool people. I think I've covered the entire state plus some in the last month, it's been crazy, fun, ... humbling. This time I decided to post a bit more eye candy then normal, too too much to choose from..I have the most beautiful brides!

Gina and Peter were married on the east side of the state in August. Gina and Peter have incredible hearts for God, their joy and kindness is contagious. Peter is beginning his new position as a pastor in the church where they were married. Having grown up as a pastor's kid, I know that it is both a difficult yet rewarding job, I pray for your ministry in the church and your journey together. May God blesses you both so much, it is so obvious to see that you both have been a blessing to so many others in your life.

Photobucket

Gina was a radiant bride, she looked so lovely and elegant.These two were all smiles, really really big smiles all day. Real smiles, real joy, real love.


Trisha and Damion were married in a gorgeous ceremony on private family property in Marne. These two are a seriously hot couple. Trisha, you are so beautiful, I got goosebumps when I saw this on the back of my camera...Damion you looked great too but seriously she looked amazing. I know Damion and Trisha from my gym. I was so incredibly flattered when they booked ME! I am flattered always when couples choose me, but these two only know me from the gym and when I come to the gym I am a hot mess... I'm sweaty, stinky, sporting my really unattractive fashion violation sweat pants with no makeup on and my just rolled out of bed look. I know I'm there to work out not to do a fashion show but seriously I look gross. Unbeknownst to me, Kurt (my husband) was advertising for me...thanks babe...to Damion shortly after they got engaged. The next time I came in to work out Damion told me they loved my work and that Trisha was excited to book me. I though REALLY, you see me right? in all my unhottness. You guys are a gorgeous couple, I knew this was going to be a super fabulous wedding with a super hot and fabulous couple...and you trusted me...in all my gym ickiness to make super hot and fabulous pictures. Congrats to you both! I am so happy for you, and so grateful to have been a part of it.
Photobucket

Damion, all I can say about this ring is dang! That is some serious bling.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Jodi and Ryan were married at Weller's Carriage house in Saline, MI. This was my second time out there so it was great to visit again and see everything in a new way, with a new couple. Last time I was there the weather didn't fair so well, this time we hit the jackpot! Jodi and Ryan were fabulous for many reasons, one reason was because they gave me the BEST time of day to do pictures...right before sunset. My heart melts when I have the chance to shoot during my favorite time of day. It's not often that a wedding schedule works out to have private couple time during sunset so, yes, I am a photographer nerd and I get excited about things like sunsets and sun flares... don't hate...it's because I really love what I do. Thank you Jodi and Ryan for including me in a perfect day for a perfect couple.

Here's a fun tip, if you are looking for a good way to sas up your wedding dress shot, try getting a sweet hanger like this photo below, Jodi found this on Etsy. If you know me you know I super anal (yes I just said anal on my blog...deal) about having a nice hanger for the dress shot. You didn't spend thousands of dollars on a gorgeous dress to have a lifelong lasting photograph of it with a tacky plastic hanger. I'm not hating on anyone out there whose done those photos, I've shot with the tacky hanger before...I just think it looks better with a nice hanger and photos last forever, I've said my piece, exit soap box now.
Photobucket


Photobucket

And how amazing does Jodi look here, seriously gorgeous!
Photobucket



Beth and Chad are another super fabulous hot couple who had had a really cool, chic and contemporary downtown Grand Rapids with the ceremony at Rosa Park Circle and the reception at McFaddens, check out Beth's sweet dress! I love a bride that steps outside of the box and I commend you for trekking around downtown with me...hyper speed...in those crazy awesome neck breaking heels. I also had the pleasure of working with Elé3 Events which made things flow so smooth, on schedule...they rehydrated me when I thought I was going to pass out in this summer's crazy heat (thanks so much Kate and Jen, life saver). Congrats to you both, thanks so much for allowing me to be there!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Andy and Melissa were married up north at Frog Pond near Traverse City. We didn't have such great weather, but you know what...it didn't matter because these two were fun! I didn't have the chance to meet Melissa and Andy before the big day because they live in Oregon, they wanted a destination type wedding and Traverse City was a perfect backdrop for their day. I have to say, sometimes not meeting a couple beforehand makes me a little nervous...I guess it's just about the unexpected...but once I met them both there were no more nerves. We were so comfortable together and let me tell you the bridal party was Hilarious. At one point everyone busted out in a Pee Wee Herman laugh, which made me laugh, Carolina was cracking up...we were all laughing so hard I have no idea how I managed to get those pictures in focus. Whew, good times :) Despite the crazy weather these two were laid back and ready for a fun day! Thanks guys for sharing it with me.

Photobucket

Melissa, you looked so elegant and beautiful.
Photobucket




Photobucket





Photobucket


Alana and Justin had a beautiful ceremony at St. Mary's Cathedral in East Lansing, and the reception at the Kellogg Center on the MSU campus. Shout out to Corinne from Sebesta Design for her fab florals, beautiful work. I had the pleasure of doing Alana and Justin's engagement session just a few weeks before their wedding day, so I honestly felt like I was seeing old friends again. I know I sound like a broken record when I say that my couples are kindhearted, fun people...but I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it and Alana and Justin were exactly that. Their families were so sweet, their friends were so fun, Alana and Justin are wonderful. And honestly, the weather on their wedding day was the pits...it POURED rain alllll day. They gave me a photographer's dream schedule...hours to shoot fun pictures...and of course it POURED with no let up in sight. But... that made us get creative...kudos to the bridal party. They racked their brains trying to think of cool spots to go where we wouldn't get soaked. Justin found this classroom on the Michigan State campus so we borrowed it and I loved it! I have to say it worked out for good :)
Congrats to you both, thank you so much for having me photograph your day!
Photobucket

Alana looked so exquisite... so soft, delicate, and beautiful.
Photobucket



Photobucket

see, classroom = awesome
Photobucket

ice sculpture meet rings, rings meet ice sculpture...perfect
Photobucket


Sarah and Bill had a very sophisticated wedding in Chicago this past weekend. I just got back from my Chicago trip for an inspiring workshop and a fab wedding (hence the reason for my email delays)...sorry. I grew up in Chicago and deep down in my heart I miss it so much. Anytime I have the chance to go back and I just feel a little longing to move back...even though I do love Grand Rapids...it's just no Chicago. When Sarah and Bill booked me to do their Chicago wedding I was thrilled...I don't need much of an excuse to go back to Chicago...and a wedding is a really good excuse. Sarah looked AWESOME! Sassy, sexy, stunning! I LOVE a good birdcage veil... if I could go back and get married again I would so do a birdcage veil. When I shoot brides with them I have a little jealousy...can't lie.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Very beautiful church. Look at those amazing paintings.
Photobucket
You two are a hot couple, love love love. Thank you so much for having me be a part of your day. I was so honored to come to Chicago to be with you and share your day. I *heart* you both, since meeting you last year at Jackie and Justin's wedding and having a super cool engagement session at the carnival, I knew we fit perfectly :) Congrats to you two!....8 MINUTES PHOTOGRAPHERS!!! *giggle* inside story everyone... but really funny, okay it's funny now...but it's okay I still *heart* you both.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

buckham said...

What an exciting post! It definitely looked like a busy summer. Stunning people and stunning photos.