Monday, May 18, 2009

Moses and Julie are Married!

Julie and I happend to hook up this past winter through another one of my spring brides...thanks Katie :)  Moses, Julie, and I headed out to Ann Arbor for an engagment shoot in January (burrrr) but we had an awesome time.  We went to all their special date places, they bought me a loaf of bread at a really cool cheese and wine shop (yep that's right, they bought ME..the photographer.... a loaf of bread how nice is that!).  I knew from the first moment I met them that they were awesome people.  After their engagment shoot they launched a website (with their sweet pictures) and shared their love story.  To be perfectly honest, no lie here, I was sooo touched that I teared, yep, I can't deny that I get so emotional over love stories  and their story was so incredible.  I thought that as I share the images from their wedding day it would be so awesome to share their love story with all of you.   The intense emotional and overwhelming joy of the day is so much better understood with their love story so without further ado here it is

============
Our paths crossed in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan, where we both went for college.  We went to the same church, but we didn't really talk to each other. Moses just knew Julie as 'Sandy's little sister,' and Julie just knew Moses as 'the Business School legend with a quirky personality and incredible drive.'

We ended up on a mission trip to Kenya in the summer of 2002, but still weren't aware of each others' existence. But that all changed the following year, when we were paired up to lead a bible study group for college students. Moses' fell in love, while Julie... didn't. 

They went their separate ways, but in the summer of 2006 ended up on another mission team together. Julie's heart began to open up for Moses, and he jumped on the opportunity to ask her out! She thought and prayed about it for months, but felt like she wasn't ready at the time, and said no.

So they went their separate ways again, but Julie began to realize that she'd said no to the right guy. She began to fall in love with Moses during a time when he thought the story was over.  

Thanks to Moses's die-hard perseverance, though, he didn't give up. In the fall of 2007, he put everything on the line and asked her out one last time.  He read an excerpt from an email that he'd written to his pastor the last time Julie said no to him:

'As I pray, I really don't get a sense that this story is over. It may be that God may want me to approach her again in 6 - 12 months. I am open to this, especially if I can come to grips with saying that she's worth putting myself through the embarrassment of asking again and waiting on this again.' 

This time, Julie said YES, absolutely, YES!!!  To which Moses said, 'Um...Uh...buh...uh...'

And the rest, as they say, is history. 
=============




Julie is so incredibly beautiful and delicate.  I just loved how she looked in this light as she delicately answered the phone. 





Told you she looked beautiful






Mom's first look of Julie was so sweet, I love this expression.
This was another incredibly emotional moment, Moses and Julie saw each other for the first time.  I teared up, I couldn't help it, thank goodness for auto focus!






This little guys was pretty stinkin cute...
they were quite the show as they walked down the aisle together.

The vows were also a really emotional part of the ceremony.  Moses was so glad to FINALLY  be standing at the alter marrying the love of his life :)
It was quite the first kiss, love this triptych






Thanks so much to you both Moses and Julie.  Brooke, Gen, and I had an incredible day not only shooting pictures but interacting with everyone and enjoying the party.  Good luck to you in your journey together, may God bless you immensly.

No comments: