Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Katie and Joe are engaged!

A while back....yes, sorry guys I'm not on top of blogging yet. Anyways, a while back I had the opportunity to shoot Katie and Joe for their engagement session. I was so excited because I had all these fun ideas to try, the forecast was great, which for Michigan in early May is a super big plus...what could go wrong. Wouldn't you know, literally 5 minutes before we started shooting the skies darkened, the rain started spitting, the temperature dropped, and the wind picked up, seriously picked up. Sometimes you just have to love Michigan's spontaneity... it keeps me on me toes :) Regardless, Katie and Joe were great, we rolled with the weather and turned out a fab shoot. I'm so fortunate to have a mom whose LOVES finding fun new props and taking any shopping challenge I throw her way...love you mommy! Last summer I sent her on a mission to find these vintage frames, I had a vision of apple blossoms and vintage frames so I was dying to finally get the chance to try it. Thanks guys for working with my vision and nailing it! Though the weather didn't work out like we had expected, we really got cool rain clouds and such beautiful color that last few minutes of sun peeking out before sunset. Thanks so much, you guys did so great and are so cute together, it's going to be a great wedding.





love love the colors of the purple dress, and greens!


such beautiful bling







I just love how you guys laugh and smile together, ahhh love, it's beautiful and perfection.




After the excitement of rain and storm clouds we actually had a few minutes of sun! So we enjoyed the little bit of sunset we got :)
ah, purple blossoms....you know I love purple!

see amazing sunset colors for the last few moment of light, it was a mini gift from heaven that evening.


1 comment:

Regina White said...

Love Love this session. How cute are they. I wouldn't have ever known the day was any other way. The colors are great a pop so well. Those last few photos have to be my favs. Congrats to the bride and groom. Awesome job as always Phrene.